PASTA PIZZA BAKE!
1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
2 tsp italian seasoning (we use Mrs Dash Italian Blend)
1 15 oz can no sugar added tomato sauce
2 cups water
12 turkey pepperonis
2 cups whole wheat pasta (I use brown rice or quinoa pasta, since I’m trying to stay away from wheat and gluten)
⅛ cup parmesan cheese
¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 cup spinach
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Spray a large oven-proof skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium high heat.
3. Add ground meat and seasonings, stirring and breaking up the meat as it cooks.
4. Cook about 3-5 minutes, or until meat is brown.
5. Cut up 8 pepperonis, and stir into meat mixture, until heated through.
6. Add spinach into mixture.
7. Add the tomato sauce, water, and pasta to the pan with the meat, and stir to combine.
8. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer over medium low heat, until pasta is cooked through, and sauce thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
10. Top with mozzarella and a the remaining turkey pepperonis (and other toppings if desired).
11. Place under ovens broiler for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
21DF = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue,