This stuff filled the house with Sent of fresh baked banana bread.
This was one of the Bonus recipes from our free crockpot group and I could not wait to make it this morning.
Though it can be made in a crock-pot, made it in our instapot and it literally only took 10 minutes!
It was AMAZING!
The kids even wanted it for lunch... though I’m not sure I’m sharing 😂!
Slow Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal
• 3 cups water
• 4 cups unsweetened almond milk divided use
• 1 cup dry steel-cut oats
• 3 large ripe bananas mashed
• 6 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
• ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
• ¼ cup pure maple syrup
• 6 Tbsp. chopped raw walnuts
1) Place water, 1 cup almond milk, oats, bananas, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a 3-quart slow cooker; cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until oats are soft but chewy.
2) Top each serving evenly with maple syrup, walnuts, and remaining almond milk; serve immediately.
To make this recipe in an Instant Pot (programmable pressure cooker), follow these instructions:
• Lightly coat inside of 6-quart Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
• Add 2 cups water, 1 cup almond milk oats, bananas, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
• Follow manufacturer’s guidelines for locking lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. (Cook for 12 to 13 minutes for creamy oatmeal.)
• Follow manufacturer’s guide for natural release, and wait until cycle is complete. Carefully unlock and remove lid, taking care that there is no remaining steam.
• Evenly top each serving with remaining almond milk, maple syrup, and walnuts.